These are a few questions frequently asked by people who contact us.
- I need advice on a legal matter. Can you help me?
Yes, we will gladly assist you at a paid legal consultation at our office. Consultations are held from Monday to Friday, between 10:30am and 3:00pm. We are closed on weekends and public holidays.
- I have a ‘quick legal question’. Can you answer it?
Sorry, no. For legal risk management and financial reasons, we do not accommodate requests to answer a ‘quick legal question’ from non-clients who are looking for free legal advice.
We are happy to work with clients who approach us in good faith and who are willing to compensate us for our time, education, skills, experience and expertise. If you require legal advice, we invite you to book a consultation with us.
- What information should I bring to the consultation?
We recommend that you bring a copy of documents relevant to your matter if available [e.g. correspondences exchanged with the other party (letters/emails), invoices, contracts, court papers such as summons, notices and pleadings].
- What happens once I give you the go-head to work on matter?
We will request an upfront deposit which is held in our Attorneys Trust Account. You will also need to complete a few forms (e.g. FICA compliance). Upon receipt of your trust deposit and the necessary forms, we will open a file and proceed with your matter.
- I need legal advice but I don’t have money right now.
You can :
– ask us to schedule your appointment immediately after pay-day, or
– save up and book a consultation once you have the necessary funds.
If none of these options are suitable for you, you can contact Legal Aid or a university law clinic for assistance. They will require that you pass a ‘means test’ (i.e. an assessment of whether you qualify for free legal assistance based on your income and other factors).
Would you like to book a consultation? Simply fill in the form below and we will get int touch.