Business Lawyer in Johannesburg
Whether you are launching a start-up or expanding your existing business, South African business law can be quite daunting, even for a seasoned business owner! We offer a wide range of legal services and effective solutions for small and medium businesses.
We strive to maintain honest and long-lasting relationships with our clients. At Lilram Attorneys we value frank discussions. Speak to us so we can understand your business and help you overcome the challenges you face.
Commercial litigation constitutes a large part of our practice. We possess solid litigation experience in commercial disputes (e.g. breach of contract matters; damages/liability claims). Over the years, we have represented clients from various industries including:
- building & construction,
- freight & logistics,
- insurance services,
- property management,
- loan & investor services,
- courier services,
- security services, and
- subcontracting sectors.
We understand that commercial disputes often involve reputational risks for our clients. We work speedily and efficiently to avoid such risks or to minimize its impact.
From the onset of a business dispute through to its finalization, we help our clients make well-informed legal decisions.
We draft and review various types of commercial contracts, including:
- franchise agreements
- service level agreements
- procurement & commission contracts
- agency agreements
- supplier contracts
- non-disclosure & non-circumvention clauses
Our commercial law services include:
- Commercial Litigation & Contracts
- Commercial Risk Assessments
- Commercial Leases and Evictions
- Sale of Business / Sale of Shares
- Joint Ventures
- Product Liability
- Insolvency (Liquidations and Sequestrations)
- Debt Recovery (collection of unpaid monies / book debt)
- Advisory services for compliance with the:
- National Credit Act, 2005
- Consumer Protection Act, 2008
- Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPI)
Company law services:
- Registration of companies/business entities (including business trusts)
- Legal advice and in-house training on Corporate Governance
- Memorandum of Incorporation
- Shareholder Agreements
- Directors Resolutions (Ordinary / Special)
- Director Disputes / Removal of Directors
Corporate-commercial law is a legal minefield of risk and liability. Allow us to expertly guide you through the complex web of legislation and regulations that govern your business.
Do you require assistance with a commercial or business law matter? Get in touch with us today.